Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014

Denim Dream

Ahh, what a perfect way to kick off the new season by talking about a fabric that works with almost anything and looks good on almost anyone. Denim!

Denim Dream

As you can see by the picture above, I'm going over everything. Shirts, jeans, shorts, jackets, skirts, overalls, dresses, and even some nail polish! Now, this is mostly light/blue denim. I'm not excluding black denim (which is perfect in every way), but lately I've been obsessed with light blues, so I thought I'd focus on blue denim this time.

I'm trying to actually do my New Year's Resolution this year, and Lent has certainly helped. One of my goals was to lose 30 lbs. before my trip to Maui in the summer (which is the first two weeks, agh!) So far I've lost… well, that not important. Anyway, most of my weight is in my thighs, so I loosing my thigh weight would let me look good in some shorts! Particularly high-waisted, cut-off Levi's from Urban Outfitters that I've had my eyes on for quite a while.

Denim dresses are my next favorite. I can't get over how CUTE this one is! I'm also dying to get my legs into a denim skirt, and these two (left is AA, right is Topshop) are so 90's. The denim dungarees, as the Brits call them, are super cute too! You can pair it with a graphic t-shirt or tank, or if it's really hot out, a lacy black bralette!

Boyfriend jeans are the coolest, there's no question. And I'm super happy I've finally got my hands on a pair! They're not as distressed as I would like, so I'm really happy these Zara ones are super cheap and have the perfect amount of rips and rags.

Now that I've beaten denim to death, I want to ask you: what's your favorite piece? And how do you plan on styling your denim this year? Feel free to leave a comment down below, I'd really appreciate it! x

No comments:

Post a Comment