Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Welcome

As if school and extracurricular activities—which include piano, drawing, watching YouTube, and sleeping—haven't kept me busy enough, I've decided that I would also make a blog…yay?

No, I'm kidding. Of course I've been thinking about this for a long time, and even asked my mom (or Mama J, or Ms. J, as she will later be referred to) what she thought of it. And after having many thoughtful discussions with my dog, Jacques (he's French, don't judge), I've decided to get started, although I'm sure he'd rather have me spend my extra time playing with him rather than posting about my lame life to the internet.

I don't really know what these first few posts will be about, other than they may consist of vulgar words and phrases, rants about my personal life, and meaningless photos and stories. But hopefully some of you will find this interesting and enjoy reading… or maybe not. One can dream!

I'm first going to start out by saying that I have absolutely no idea where the name "Soft Color & Co." came from, other than it sounds a bit posh. But if you've ever typed "soft color" into the search tag on Tumblr, you will find all sorts of vintage, hipster, indie/Bambi photos. And me being somewhat obsessed with everything indie-related, I've decided to choose to add that to the name. The "& Co." part came in when I was thinking about "Tiffany & Co", "Selfridges & Co", etc, etc, etc.

The blogs original name was going to be "Soft White & Co.", and even before that, "Soft White Films", which was going to be my YouTube channel name. I decided not to go straight into YouTubbing, because one) it looks like a lot of tough shit, and I don't know if I have the time/energy for that just yet; and two) If the blog goes well, and a handful of you guys would like to see my videos, then fabulous!

I don't really understand why I chose to start my blog out explaining the name and what not, but I think I did a pretty good job for the first time. Hopefully I start to get the hang of it as time goes on. Much love. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment