Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

What's In My Bag? | Back to School Edition | F/W 2014

Ahh look, poor quality photographs. The best kind.
Ahhh, August. Such a bittersweet month. It's still technically summer, but you have to bare the burden of school just around the corner. Some of us don't start until September. Screw you guys.

As for the rest of us, who start in late August, we need to get the cool, at least decent-looking school supplies before they run out. And boy, do they.

I've never been one to buy my school supplies early, but this year, I want to start off on the correct foot. This year I would like to get pretty decent grades. Please lord, send help.

But anyways, we all need school supplies, so I thought, "Hey, what the hell? I'll just add my thoughts to the topic!"

I went down to Office Max yesterday, and I don't know why I expected cute school supplies. Why do commercials make these things seem more appealing than they actually are?

But, I made a promise. And that promise was to give you a blogpost today. And since I have no back up plan, we're gonna stick with this. Hopefully this will help you if you're drawing a blank on what you need in your backpack, or maybe you're starting high school or middle school and have no idea what you'll need. Good luck, chum.


Binders & Paper: You're gonna need at least one binder. I cannot stand it when people get a folder for each class. You can store all the crap teachers say you'll need but will never use safely in it's protective, plastic arms. Binder dividers and paper are also crucial. I get the binder dividers that come in a pack of eight, because it's one for each class. Yes, teachers will tell you that you'll need a separate binder for their class, but I promise you this: you'll need the extra space. Now, about the paper. You can get the really bad Office Max brand that they sell for a bargain (sorry, Office Max), or you can get the extremely, expensive good shit, like Five Star. Ahh, nothing screams supporting education like selling overpriced school supplies. Also, please, for the love of God, get college ruled. You're most likely in high school. You're too old to be using wide ruled paper.

Homework Folder & Notebook:I don't know if you'll need this next item, but it's helped me out immensely. A homework folder is kind of critical for me if I need to keep my grades decent-looking. In one section, preferably the left-hand side, put in the homework you need to complete. In the other, put in the homework that you have completed and need to turn in. In my opinion, it's a much easier way of organizing your work, but that's just me. Get some notebooks and/or composition books while you're at it as well. They're kind of a "just in case" thing for me.

Planner: This is like the homework folder. It's helped me out a lot, and it might help you too. I'm one of the most unorganized people I know. I found my driving certificate under my dresser. How'd it get there? Maybe the giant spiders living in my cluttered closet moved it there. Basically, I need all the help I can get when it comes to organizing, which is why a planner is perfect for me. I like the one that I got, because I can mark down important dates on the monthly calendar, like tests, but also have sections for each date where I can jot down my homework. The color scheme and design isn't half bad either. You know, for a planner.

Other Supplies: This is basically all that other stuff you use every day, like pens, pencils, erasers, highlighters and a calculator. Pens are fucking important. Pens make the world go 'round. Pens are the shit, but unfortunately you'll make writing mistakes, so ya need some pencils and an eraser. Mechanical pencils are just better than plain wooden ones. It's an investment, I promise. They may be  more expensive, but if you buy a good one, and store it in one place, then you really only need to worry about lead. Erasers are good to have because you can't always use the one on the end of your pencil. Use that for emergencies, and get a nice pink eraser for everything else. You can thank me later. Highlighters are important, because they highlight everything important. I repeat, highlight everything important. Lastly, the calculator on your fucking iPhone 5S isn't, has never been, and will never be as good as a graphing calculator. You will use it in college, so you might as well buy one know, because pal, you're gonna need it.

Other: This is everything else. Water, phone charger, headphones, Tylenol, wallet, keys, mints/gum, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, tissues, and lip balm. Okay, now let's break this down as quickly as possible, shall we? Water: obvious. Force fluids (no, not like that, you horny teenager). Stay hydrated. Phone charger: you will get bored. You will go on your phone. It will die. Headphones: to tune out the other snotty teenagers. Tylenol: to get rid of your headache caused by the other snotty teenagers. Wallet: to spend money on snacks that will make you fat and coffee that will keep you alive during the day. Also, to feel old. Keys: to get in your god damn house, duh. If you're in high school and don't have a key to your house, you're gonna regret it when you're parent or guardian is unable to let you in and you're without a key and you have to pee. Mints/Gum: The main reason is to make your breath fresh. Don't be that weird kid and bring your toothbrush to school. It's also good if you're hungry and lunch doesn't start for another hour. Chewing gum will also make you look coo. Fact. Hand lotion: I've mentioned this before, so it won't be news when I tell you that I have incredibly dry skin. I will always carry hand lotion on me. Always. Hand sanitizer: if you're not washing your hands between classes you have a tolerance to germs that I will never understand. I'm not a germaphobe, but kids are gross, it's the truth. Tissues: But sometimes ya just need tissues, okay?! I PROMISE I'M NOT A GERMAPHOBE! Lip balm: Again, dry skin. Stay hydrated. Also hoping that my hydrated lips will trick boys into making me seem alluring. It's a stretch though.

Well, I guess that's my back to school edition of what's in my bag! Comment if you have other things you think are important. New post next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment