Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to School Essentials: Clothes | F/W 2014

Back to School Essentials: Clothes | F/W 2014

Back to School Essentials: Clothes | F/W 2014 by lindsay-johnson61

Ahh, August. What a ridiculous month. It's like the October of Christmas. It's still summer, but somehow the school system has managed to work it's way into the end of the month. Which means we need to get ready for autumn and winter. Pronto. So, without further a due, here are my back to school clothing essentials!

Tops: Most of the time, I stick to the basics when it comes to my wardrobe. My back to school essential tops include basic long sleeved tops, button downs, victorian/bohemian blouses, basic tees, graphic tees, pullovers, and basic cardigans. When it comes to the long sleeved tops, button downs, basic tees, pullovers and basic cardigans, I recommend getting them in colors such as grey, black, white, and navy blue. On the long sleeved tops, also get black-and-white, horizontal stripes, which are classics. Similar to that, get vertical stripes (most of the previously mentioned color ranges work),  polka dots (same on the colors), and gingham print, which is pretty on trend now. When wearing boho or victorian tops, stick to white or cream with blue accents.

Outerwear: Leather jackets are something a person just can't live without. Trench coats are not super important, but look cool and are great for when it rains. Borge coats are super comfy and warm for when it rains. Army jackets are good for layering, which is kind of essential in cool weather. And lastly, leopard print coats. My staple piece. I cannot live without leopard print in my closet.

Jeans: Jeans will never go out of style. We will always be wearing jeans, no question. My back to school essential jeans include boyfriend jeans and skinny jeans. I don't really like boyfriend jeans that are too baggy or dark in color, so I usually go for light colored ones that are basically loose-fitting skinny jeans. Now, for skinny jeans, I like black, dark grey, and a classic denim blue. Rips optional.

Shoes: A girl can never have too many shoes. I've never really thought of myself as a shoe freak, but after seeing how many shoes I put in this post, I retract that statement. I love ankle/chelsea boots, biker boots, loafers, brogues, flats, and classic trainers. Multiple colors and fabrics when it comes to most of these shoes. The strappier the better when it comes to flats, I always say! And for the trainers, some Converse and Vans will do!

Underwear: This is, obviously, essential. For school, I don't really think you need anything fancy because, come on, it's school. So I've decided to go for some easy Calvin Klein bralet and "panties". God, I hate that word. There really needs to be a better word for them. Like knickers, why don't Americans use the word knickers?!

You may or may not be wondering why there are no skirts or dresses in this post. Well, personally, I think skirts and dresses just tend to get in the way when it comes to school. I will hardly ever wear a skirt to school. I like to be comfortable, especially in school, and I always find myself fussing with the hem and such. If you do add a skirt, just make sure it's school appropriate, and don't flash anyone.

Well I hoped this has helped you decide what to buy on your back to school shopping spree! And if not, I hope you enjoyed the read. Let me know if you'd like me to do more of this in the comments down below. I'll be doing all back to school related posts this month, so stay tuned! x

No comments:

Post a Comment