Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Favorites | July 2014

Makeup: I'm not really the type of person to constantly be buying and trying new makeup. I tend to stick to the items that I know work really well, and my philosophy on makeup is that if it isn't broken, it shouldn't be fixed. So, with that being said, I've gone back to my ultimately favorite foundation, the YLS Le Teint Touché Éclat Illuminating Foundation. I had to take a break from this bad boy, because I had ran out of my previous bottle, and my skin and turned a shade darker from the summer sun. But I bought more, and I'm super happy to have it back in my life once again.

Another YLS product is the matching Touché Éclat concealer. I've never really used a concealer before, and I was able to get some in a set when I purchased the foundation. Personally, I think it's starting to look a little too light for my skin, but it definitely gets the job done when I need to cover my dark under eyes and frustrating spots.

Along with concealer, I've never been a big lipstick person. I usually just dust my lips lightly with my foundation to where it looks like I'm wearing something on them, but not enough to make it look like I have no lips at all. I decided it was time: I needed to find a lipstick. So I popped into Ulta and went to the Rimmel London isle. I love anything English, and I know a ton of people love Rimmel. I grabbed one of the Kate Moss lipsticks. I believe it is the Lasting Finish lipstick in shade 113, which is this extremely nude color, except it's got a tinge of pink in it, which I like, because it helps my whole 60's look I've been working on.

Last but not least is by a brand I swear by. 'Tis the Eyeko x Alexa Chung "Eye Do" liquid liner. Holy shit, this stuff is good. If you love cat eyes, and enjoy feeling like Jane Birkin and Francoise Hardy, then I highly recommend this. It's really easy to use, and it's not super sharp, making it looks slightly undone, which I love. I bought that limited addition tube thing, that came with some tissue paper with eyes on it (screams me), and a guitar pick and a poster. Super rad.

Hair: Nothing really new with hair, either, except I've been using a little bit more of my Bumble and bumble surf spray. I like the beachy texture it gives my lifeless hair. It doesn't keep the kinks as long as I'd like it to (all day), but it does look good when I give my hair a slight curl, then add the spray to make it look a little more messy.

Body: Lately I've started taking more baths, because they help with my sandpaper skin. To me, it's kinda boring only soaking in the water without some suds or salts. So, I purchased some Dr. Teal's Epson salts. And I am in love! Apparently they help with detoxing your skin, but I don't really know anything about that chemistry shit. I just know if feels good in the bath, and really helps with my sore muscles when I get done with a workout (squats hurt, man!).

Like I said, my skin is sandpaper. And it doesn't help that I live in an incredibly dry state. Thankfully it's been a bit rainier, so that's nice, but I still needed a really hydrating body lotion. I have to pay super close attention to the ingredients, because usually, when the first ingredient is water, I have to move on. But I was really fortunate enough to find a lotion that didn't have water as the first ingredient. There is a god after all. It's a Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Face + Body Cream. It's really creamy, not greasy, which is something I try to avoid. The scent is very natural smelling, and I looooove smothering it all over my body when I step out of the bath/shower.

Yay, now to can read me ramble on about my random favorites!
(If you've survived this long, kudos)


Favorite Song/s: This is really hard for me, because music is probably one of my biggest passions. I have been listening to a ton of HAIM, so I'd say they're my favorite band. But song wise, I've mainly been listening to "Don't Save Me" by HAIM, "Mote" by Sonic Youth, and "Shades of Cool" by Lana Del Ray.

Favorite TV Show: This has got to be Catfish on MTV. I fucking love this show. The people getting catfishes are incredibly gullible, and it's enjoyable to look at them get all worked up over these relationships with these phony people. I'm also gutted that the season is over, and I have to wait some more weeks (or months, I have know idea how often the seasons start).

Favorite Human: I've been watching a LOT of Cryaotic on YouTube. I like his videos because they're interesting to watch and he makes them really long—perfect for binge watching. Oh, and his voice in angelic. Go check him out if you're into YouTube gaming.

Favorite Food/Drink: In an attempt to be healthier, I've started drinking green tea. A lot of green tea. I also drink a lot of coffee and milk. Super yummy, and not lot like that fluffy shit at Starbucks that the kids drink these. Not bagging on Starbucks, but teen girls shouldn't say they like coffee if they only ever drink Vanilla Bean Frappuccinos.
I hope you've somewhat enjoyed me rambling about this stuff. If you want, let me know what you've been loving in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment